Combined, the public and private sectors are investing hundreds of billions of dollars in information security and cyber defense. Right now, industry and government are scrambling to assemble teams of skilled cyberintelligence analysts, white-hat hackers, information security architects and engineers. It’s expected that by 2019 some 9 million properly vetted cybersecurity professionals will be needed in the US to fill the projected demand.
CyberSecurityMastersDegree.org is here to support prospective graduate students as they transition from other IT jobs during one of the biggest IT hiring booms ever seen in the US.
Who We Are
As a small, independent group of web publishers, we have no outside affiliations and do not rely on outside funding of any kind. This has allowed us to create a completely objective resource designed with information security graduate students in mind.
We took our cues directly from professionals in the field. Working with practicing information security professionals, as well as graduate students currently enrolled in cybersecurity programs, we curated only the most vital information gathered from interviews and web research with the goal of developing a user-friendly website.
Our talented team of staff writers who conducted the interviews and performed the research that went into this project have spent years writing about education, technology and cyber defense.
We’ve made every effort to anticipate the needs of prospective cybersecurity graduate students.
Our mission here at CyberSecurityMastersDegree.org is to serve as a comprehensive and completely unbiased resource for anyone interested in earning a master’s degree in cybersecurity.
We set out to create a well-organized and easily accessible resource that provides clear answers to the questions prospective graduate students are likely to have, as well as creative solutions to common barriers that stand in the way of career advancement through graduate studies.
Our hope is that this resource will make it easier to select a graduate program and make informed decisions about the career paths available in information security.
At CyberSecurityMastersDegree.org you will find:
- A clearinghouse of information on the most popular and emerging certification options in the field of information security and cyber defense
- State guides on cybersecurity initiatives, master’s program options and employment opportunities
- A comprehensive list of schools that have qualified for the esteemed Centers of Academic Excellence designations through the NSA and DHS
- Salary data for each state, offering the clearest picture available of what cybersecurity professionals can expect to earn and how salaries differ across the country (from salary surveys conducted by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Sans Institute, and Robert Half Technology)
- Career guides that offer details on competencies and qualifications for specific cybersecurity professional classifications
- Student resources on education alternatives through cybersecurity bootcamps and massive open online courses
- In-depth articles that provide key details on the recognized cybersecurity domains and the unique information security needs of different industries